MakeDeathsCount (MDC) is an international health non-profit that partners with NGOs and Ministries of Health to improve mortality surveillance worldwide. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve on our Fundraising Team. This is an ideal position for anyone with interests in global health, medicine, international affairs, law, business, and consulting. You will develop skills that are transferable to any career of your choosing with insights into how international projects are developed. Depending on availability and quality of work, this position may turn into a paid position with a longer term opportunity with MDC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Help in soliciting donations from individual donors and organizations:
- Research and identify prospective donors- at least 2 per week.
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors and communicate with them; at least 2 emails per week.
- Use online platforms to raise donations; whenever needed.
- Maintain records of donor information; this must be updated each week.
Help in the identification and contacting of grant opportunities:
- Identify possible national and international opportunities for grants funding; at least 2 per week.
- Prioritize the available grant opportunities and evaluate its compliance with the available projects.
- Maintain active records of the identified grants along with brief description of the grant and its relevant due date
- Remind MDC of the most recent grants proposal and follow up on grant writing – at least 2 follow-up emails each week.
Help with the identification of National and International competitions:
- Identify national and/or international competitions that are related to MDC’s scope of work – at least 2 per month.
- Maintain a record of the allocated competitions including a brief description, eligibility criteria, and submission deadlines.
- Notify and follow-up with MDC’s team for submission – at least 2 emails per week whenever there is an active concurrent competition.
- Education: BS/BA or current candidate (Master’s level preferred)
- Hours: 5-10 per week
- Type: Volunteer (unpaid)
- Proficiency in another language preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with fundraising & grant writing